Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you like it, why not share it ?...Thanks!

A family Christmas

Christmas presents
Christmas presents


A very Merry Christmas to you all, I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Mine, was just as I wanted it to be:

A traditional, old-fashioned Christmas; at home with my family.

Even though I see them all, nearly every day, it was still so exciting, waiting for them to arrive for Christmas dinner.

Now that we have Melina, our Granddaughter, they just get better every year.

Just watching the expressions on her face: when she saw her presents under the tree, when she opened her presents;

Well, that was the only Christmas gift I needed!



Melina at Christmas
Melina at Christmas



Here she is, that's right Melina; go for the big one first!



Melina and her doll's house
Melina and her doll's house



"Look at this; look what I got!"




Christmas stocking
Christmas stocking


"Ooh, let's see what's in here"



Reading with yiayia
Reading with yiayia

Melina, just loves books, lets hope that love stays with her, always.



Melina & Nais
Melina & Nais

My two best girls, Melina, and my daughter: Nais.




My Greek God
My Greek God

MGG (My Greek God) had a very happy time, as you can see!



Greeker than the Greeks
Greeker than the Greeks



Because it was Christmas; I smoked in the house!
 Strictly forbidden through the rest of the year.


We were all so hungry, and I was just so happy to sit down, that I forgot to take pictures of the actual meal!

For the last few years, we have had roast pork.
I did used to cook the traditional turkey, but, my family don't really like turkey, they ate it, but didn't enjoy it, hence, pork is now on the menu!




Roast pork
Roast pork


The crackling turns out perfectly, we nearly have fights, over who has the last bit!
I tell you this, because, according to all cook books, the way I do it, is totally wrong!
It works though!

The pork was accompanied by the usual Christmas stuff: mashed potato, Brussels sprouts, etc.

My family, will not eat Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, or mince pies either, a funny lot, aren't they?

So, we had; trifle, cheese cake and a Christmas log (all made by moi!), I must say, I think I do enjoy these   more than Christmas pudding.




Sweet things
Sweet things


As usual, we have loads of food left, I have had quite a few pork sandwiches!

Every thing went well, just one hitch, our fridge gave up the ghost, one day before Christmas.

Luckily, we have a fridge in the garage, for summer excess!

MGG took out the old one (a fitted fridge) and brought in the one from the garage ( not fitted)

I now have this!



An unfitted fridge
An unfitted fridge


What an eyesore, I certainly need to sort this out!

Now to get ready for round two, New Year's Eve!

Here's to a happy new year!


2 comments:

  1. A heart well prepared for adversity in bad times hopes, and in
    good times fears for a change in fortune. See the link below for more info.

    #good time
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do one thing everyday that scares you.
    imarksweb.net
    imarksweb.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I am always absolutely delighted to hear your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
They make all my efforts worthwhile,.

Please do check back, after leaving a comment, as I make every effort to answer all your remarks promptly.
Thanks,
Susan.x

If you like it, why not share it? Thanks!