16 February 2015

Tourism: Greece takes the prize! “Best European tourist destination 2015”.

Greece
Greece


Greece needs all the help she can get (I won’t bore you with details of the Greek financial crisis), and she’s getting it, through tourism, Greece’s most lucrative industry.

 Some of the most innovative marketing concepts and ad campaigns, shown on social media and in the press, have really pushed up the number of visitors flocking to see this beautiful country.

Just this week, Athens, was voted third out of twenty, in:

 “Best European tourist destination 2015”.

Bordeaux won first place and Lisbon second.


Athens
Athens



Over a period of three weeks online voting, people were asked;

 “Which city is the best destination in Europe?”

I cast my vote, no prizes for guessing which city I gave my “click” to!



Another clever concept to get Greece out there, again including the public, was the campaign;


“I’m an Athenian too”


Athens
Athens


This was AIA’s (Athens International Airport) campaign, together with “Marketing Greece”.

 People were asked to take photographs of Athens, and then send them in to the competition.

This encouraged people to get out and about with their cameras and gave us “Non-photographers” the chance to see some fabulous, sometimes unusual, pictures of this ancient city.


The three lucky winners won a five day stay in a five star Athens hotel, plus return air tickets.

Talking of air tickets, Aegean Airlines magnificent ad campaign paid off, along with their superb service, of course!



Aegean Airlines says thank you.
Aegean Airlines says thank you.


For the fifth year in a row, Aegean Airways have won;

“Best regional airline in Europe

They also have one of the best in-flight magazines that I have seen:

” Blue”

Read Blue magazine, online,


Let’s not forget Greece’s main airport, Athens International Airport. Eleftheros Venezelos, which had the honour of winning;

“Europe’s Best Airport for 2014”

 in the 10–25 million passenger category (Airports Council International - Europe (ACI Europe)


Athens International Airport
Athens International Airport


Athens airport also has a very good magazine;
“2board”


Athens International Airport
Athens International Airport


I’m so lucky; I have my very own Greek Goddess, a frequent flyer, who brings me all these quarterly magazines:

 My daughter Nais!


AthensAirport and Aegean Arline magazines
Athens Airport and Aegean Arline magazines



Here she is, doing her own bit of campaigning for Greece!



Nais on Kimolos Island
Nais on Kimolos Island



Last, but not least, our own picturesque little town of Loutraki, is right now being promoted in Stockholm, Sweden, at the “Grekland Panorama Travel Fair”

Loutraki, by the way, has been awarded the blue flag, for clean beaches, for the last twelve years!



Loutraki
Loutraki




Loutraki promotion in Stockholm
Loutraki promotion in Stockholm


Have I convinced you?
Are you coming to Greece this year?
Do, you won’t regret it!






2 comments:

  1. Great blog:) :) wonderfully presented. So glad you are back, I look forward to reading more Tinoushka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you T, yes, I really have been neglecting my poor little blog! I must try harder!
    Susan.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I am always absolutely delighted to hear your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
They make all my efforts worthwhile,.

Please do check back, after leaving a comment, as I make every effort to answer all your remarks promptly.
Thanks,
Susan.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...